New Employee Paperwork Submission - Norman Campus
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, completing your new employee paperwork is a little different than normal. Here are some next steps that must be completed prior to your first day.
The Department of Homeland Security has temporarily suspended the requirement to physically review identity and work eligibility documents.
While the University continues to comply with Governor Stitt’s Safer-at-Home order, I-9 paperwork can be submitted and reviewed remotely. Please follow the instructions below for the duration of this event.
- Paper I-9 forms can be used on all campuses. Use the I-9 in the Norman New Hire Paperwork.
- New employees must submit the completed Section 1 of the I-9 form and copies of their documents to the
University representative in Human Resources, who will complete Section 2. Materials may be submitted by
email, fax, or other remote methods.
University of Oklahoma
Attn: Human Resources
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
Fax: (405) 325-7354 (email HR to notify that documents were faxed)
- Within three business days after regular on-site operations have resumed, all employees who were hired using
this remote verification process must physically present their identification and work eligibility documents
in-person to the University representative in Human Resources.
- DEADLINES: The deadlines have not changed. Section 1 must be completed and submitted by the employee,
on or before their hire date. The University representative must complete Section 2 within three business days.
- DURATION: These provisions will be active until April 15th, or until HR issues updated procedures, or until 3
business days after the termination of the National Emergency, whichever comes first.
If you have questions, please contact Hope Burdette, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jennifer Davis, email@example.com.